21.5.14

phys ed

My name is Laura, and I am a Lululemon addict. Really. Why are workout clothes the best thing ever? From the amount of Lulu in my closet, you would think I could actually get into crow pose. I can't.  

But this month, I am dedicating myself to improving my physical fitness. Since my son was born in the fall, I have made a pretty poor showing of getting back in shape. You can only use the "But I have a new baby!" excuse for so long.  Now that he's getting closer to 1 (and I'm getting closer to bathing suit season--shudder), the time to hesitate is through.  

To give myself a much needed kick start, I signed up for a 5K at the end of the month with two of my friends.  The weather in Boston is beyond beautiful right now, and so it seemed like the perfect time to get outside and run.  Except that I wanted to die after my first run.  I tracked my route using my new favorite online tool: 1.77 miles.  For real?  I felt like I had been running for daaaays.  The good news is that my runs have been getting progressively better ever since.  This past weekend, I tracked my route: 3.38 miles.  Don't laugh, for me that is pretty major.  More importantly, I felt great when I was done.  How's that for phys ed.

It doesn't hurt that I have some pretty fabulous running shoes, which were a gift from my amazingly athletic mother-in-law (legit, she could run circles around me).  Dressing the part is maybe my favorite part.  Oh, and good health.  Obviously.  In fact, my sneakers are so cool that my sister copied me and got a pair.  And now the world (okay fine, maybe just my 37 followers) knows the truth.

The bad news: I can see how people become obsessed with sneakers.

Leopard print Nikes and fallen spring blossoms

3 comments:

  1. 3.38 woohoo you go glen coco!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.38 is great. That is further than you will have to go on race day so guess its time to think about a 10K. Love you and your shoes!

    ReplyDelete