25.2.09

The Ankle Boot Saga: Why So Obsessed?



I'm not going to lie. When ankle boots first took the fashion world by storm, I was NOT a fan. I know, I know, how is this possible? I blame my hesitation on two things: 1) I fear change and 2) I fear change. I mean, ankle boots? Are they a shoe? Are they a boot? Well, I am a convert to this fabulous shoe/boot hybrid that I fondly call the shootie.

Why So Obsessed? If you're an East Coast girl like me, then you have to deal with eternal winter. The prospect of going out in skimpy heels when it's below zero is kind of a deal-breaker. I mean, who wants snow actually touching their feet? Enter ankle boots.

Plus, don't you think it's high time you give your legs some attention? I'm all for tucking in skinny jeans or leggings with high boots or rocking my loyal Uggs on blustery days, but what about your legs, all covered up and ignored? Let them see and be seen already! Wear a thick pair of black tights, and I guarantee you New England girls that you'll be warm--and fabulous.


Ankle boots by Christian Louboutin.

2 comments:

  1. Best argument yet for the "shooty." I am still hesitant with my short height and thick ankles. I am only brave enough for this fashion choice when hiding under long pants. And then what's the point? So tell us the best skirt length, in your opinion, for your little shoe pet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Shoe pet!" Looove it!! I have to agree, our beloved shooties must be given the attention they deserve. I think they are a fabulous footwear choice, regardless of height. However, for those petite fashionistas: I would suggest skirt that just hits the knees, perhaps one with pleats to add that but of "pouff!" Also, pair the skirt with a cropped jacket, and that should help elongate the figure.

    ReplyDelete