17.6.11

Summer Stripes

Barite Top by Tory Burch, $175

Stripes are one of my favorite summer looks.  I particularly love the nautical feel of a classic navy stripe, which may be why the Barite Top by Tory Burch is calling my name.  The summery short-sleeve, crew neck tee features navy and ivory stripes, but Miss Burch ups the ante by adding rope and stud detailing at the sleeves that I'm absolutely obsessed with.

The Garine Top by Tory Burch, $225
(shown over the Barite Top)
 The Tory Burch website suggests layering the Garine Top over the Barite, and as a girl who loves mixing patterns, I think the result totally works.  The heavier weight of the roping and stripes means that they peek out from beneath the spotted cotton silk for a more bohemian spin on the nautical look.  If (when?) I'm lucky enough to own both pieces, I would pair them with a pair of jeans and some high, high wedges for the perfect summer look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment