12.8.11

Fall Into Color at J Brand


J Brand Fall Collection Ad
Featuring the Mid-Rise Skinny Leg in black cherry, $169

This past season, I was impressed by J Brand's fresh take on summer pants, with a bold color palette that set the bar high for what they might do next.  I admit, I wasn't expecting quite the same pop(!) for the fall season, as fall is traditionally equated with a more a subdued color scheme.  Nonetheless, J Brand has done it again, with their newly debuted fall collection, which features luxe fabrics in irresistibly rich jewel tones.

1266 Ali in toffee by J Brand, $218
Earlier this summer, I read a fall forecast in one of my fashion magazines that featured J Brand's Ali Corduroys as one example of the fall trend towards corduroy and velvet pants, which--incidentally--are predicted to be all the rage this season.  I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the Ali ever since.  While I'm typically not a high-rise lover, I'm thinking I might be willing to make an exception here.  Paying homage to the 70s, the Ali features a wide leg and is made from a thin wale corduroy with a bit of spandex for a comfortable and flattering fit.  The high waist is accentuated by front and back pockets, and the long inseam (35 inches) is perfect for tall girls like me (shorties can take 'em to the tailor).  They're available in "toffee," a rich caramel-flavored brown, or "vintage sailor," a smokey navy blue--but I'm partial to the fall feel of the warm, toffee brown.  I mean, I can already see myself wearing these pants while picking out my pumpkin at Halloween.

However, the fall collection features much, much more than just wide-legged cords.  You could opt for their versatile mid-rise skinny-leg twill pants in a host of autumnal colors like black cherry, aubergine, riviera blue, truffle, or suede.  Or, keep your corduroys on the straight in narrow by choosing between J Brand's pencil fit or skinny leg with an earthy color palette that includes black forest, walnut, and henna.  I'm loving the pencil leg corduroys in toffee, which would be ideal for tucking into a pair of tall leather boots or a casual pair of Uggs.  Of course, if you're a classic J Brand girl, rest assured that their flared Love Story pants are also available as corduroys in black or black forest.  Truly, there is a color, fabric, and fit for any and every fall look you could--and should--envision.  Fashionistas, it's time to fall into color.

612 Corduroy Pencil Leg in henna
by J Brand, $172

No comments:

Post a Comment