15.4.12

Polar: The New White

White denim has been all the rage for the last few summers, and I can totally see why.  Nothing compliments a good tan like a crisp white, and white jeans lend themselves fabulously to a nautical look, and can be dressed up or down...  Clearly, the list goes on!  Yet, I have yet to purchase a pair of my own.  So why would a self-proclaimed fashionista intentionally deprive herself of such a blatant trend?  The truth is, I am far too accident prone to wear that much white.  Seriously, on days when I wear a white tee-shirt or top, I undoubtedly spill something on myself so white pants--well, you get the picture.  But as a fortune cookie once told me, all is never lost.


Mid-Rise Skinny Leg in Polar, $180
by J Brand


Allow me to introduce you to polar, the newest wash of J Brand's Mid-Rise Skinny Leg.  Think: polar bear.  They are not a perfect white, but in that they are perfect.  This broken-in icy white is the ideal wash for the wannabe-white-denim-wearing girl on the go.  The moment I saw them, I knew I had to have them.  If I had a signature denim, J Brand's mid-rise skinny leg would be it so the polar wash was essentially the cherry on top.  The worn, textured white means that I won't be afraid of wearing them out and about, and maybe even getting a little dirty (I'm sorry, but how do you white denim lovers manage to stay so pristine?).  Contrast stitching complements the perfectly imperfect white, but the beauty is that--like your standard white denim--polar is perfect for spring and summer.  Dearest fashionista friends, all the signs are there: this is the new white.




Psst...  For you Boston area local fashionistas, you can get your very own polar J Brands at Belmont's fabulous boutique, Bessie Blue.  Check out their website for store hours and directions!



2 comments:

  1. LW-How do I wear the "nude" shoes that are the trend this spring? Rumor has it they are supposed to make your legs look long and thin-I am always up for that. Any ideas of what shoes to buy or what to look for?
    Thanks,
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE nude shoes! Did you see my post from last summer? Here's the link: http://shescomeunheeled.blogspot.com/2011/08/nude-in-nyc.html. I have Guess pumps that are AMAZING--and if your price point allows, Manolo Blahnik makes an absolutely to-die-for pair... Definitely go with patent leather nude though! XO

    ReplyDelete