7.4.12

Spring Break--For Your Nails

Last weekend, while my dear friend, Annie, was visiting from Seattle, we decided to treat ourselves to a morning of Starbucks and manicures.  Nail dates are actually one of our favorite pastimes, and so we always make a point to fit it into our itinerary.  I had stumbled upon Essie's Sand Tropez in the drugstore just a few days before Annie's arrival, and it immediately struck me as the perfect nude polish I had been searching for.  So of course I brought it with me to the nail salon in the hope that I was right; after all, some things you just have to see to believe.


I was not disappointed!  This nail polish is like spring break for your nails.  It is a soft, sandy neutral that makes your nails look like they are naturally perfect--what I feel is the nail color equivalent of the I'm-not-wearing-any-makeup cosmetic look.  I typically have trouble with nude polishes because they're not opaque enough for me, or they have a shimmer to them that I could do without.  Sand Tropez has neither of these issues; rather, it goes on solid but subtle.  And in a couple of months when I have a tan (a girl can hope!), it will look even better...


Sand Tropez
by Essie, $8

1 comment:

  1. I painted one of my hands this color because I couldn't decide if I like it. In some lights it looks beautiful, and it others it makes my super-pale skin look old. Maybe when I have a bit of a tan this summer it will look better.

    ReplyDelete