7.7.10

More Fashion at Home: Upcycle Cool


Up until this past weekend, my husband and I have been madly searching for the perfect coffee table. Finally, we (okay, HE) got super crafty and constructed a fabulous table using an old door that we found inside my family's barn. He sanded it down, added wrought iron legs, and viola!--chic and eco-friendly.

While I am now the proud owner of the best coffee table a girl could ask for, I did stumble upon some other fabulous designs during our lengthy quest. In case you should find yourself in the same position, I wanted to share one of my discoveries: vintage luggage tables. Etsy seller LoveNostalgicWhimsy rescues vintage suitcases and converts them into coffee/side/end tables. The finished products are--like my barn door table--stylish and good for mother earth. After all, it doesn't get much more eco-friendly than a found object! And for a price that rivals the likes of Ikea or Target, it's really a no-brainer. The convenience factor of this design is another selling point, for you can open the suitcase/table to use it for storage. And not for nothing, as with most things vintage, your little table will truly be a one-of-a-kind (awww, just like YOU!).

So there you have it, fellow design stars; if you find yourself deciding upon or agonizing over home decor like I have been for the past two months and counting, try going upcycle cool. Remember your three Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle! You know it's hip to be green.



Psst... To see more vintage suitcase tables from LoveNostalgic Whimsy, check out her Etsy shop by clicking here.


Image: Vintage Durabilt Luggage Table $80 by LoveNostalgic Whimsy (available online at www.etsy.com/listing/50754335/vintage-durabilt-luggage-table-satin).

2 comments: