30.3.11

More On Hippie Chic For Spring: The Maxi

Tall girls, rejoice! This spring and summer, long is in and maxi dresses and skirts abound. In my opinion, it's about time. Thigh-grazing hemlines are basically a tee-shirt for me so seeing lots and lots of length on the recent Fashion Week runways was more refreshing than I can say. And for a girl who loves a bit of boho glam, the maxi is an effortless way to embrace hippie chic this spring.

Having done my share of online window shopping this past weekend, I'm officially head over heels for the Chroma Reflections Maxi Dress from Anthropologie. Without getting too literal, this lovely dress seems to channel Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds, as a floral kaleidoscope blooms upon this delicate silk landscape by Edme & Esyltte. With pullover styling, gathered bell sleeves, and a smocked waistline, perhaps its best characteristic--second to elegance--is ease. And to be clear, I'm talking throw-on-this-dress-and-a-pair-of-Rainbows kind of ease. Unless, of course, you're the kind of hippie to go barefoot...



Image: Chroma Reflections Maxi Dress $198, available from Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment