1.3.11

Texture

When I read about Bumble and Bumble's newest product, Bb. Texture, in January's Elle, I have to confess that my first thought was: now my hair can look like Blake Lively's. A girl can dream, can't she? Indeed, I've read countless articles in fashion magazines, where stylists dish on how to recreate the blonde beauty's (seemingly) effortlessly tousled tresses. It's never as easy as they say, but with the debut of Bb. Texture, I feel like I've discovered a secret weapon...

Bumble and Bumble's senior Artistic Director, Howard McClaren, explained that the company started seeing [that] hand-done, second-day-hair look on the streets and on celebrities like Alexa Chung and Mary Kate Olsen...but stylists were having to use a combination of products...to reproduce it. Amen to that. Too many products, not enough time, not worth the effort. To fill this gaping hole in the hair care market, Bumble and Bumble created Bb. Texture, touting the newly released product as a hair undressing cream. The directions are happily simple: Work a small amount of Bb. Texture through damp hair (a must), starting at the roots to ensure extra lift. Let the product sit for a minute, and then loosen and ruffle your hair with your fingers. For added volume, you can use a diffuser.

The promised result is hair with that undone-yet-done quality, with a hint of grit, hold and a tousled, shine-free finish. In plain English? Hair that looks like you couldn't care less--but let's be honest, we all do. Bb. Texture is available in two sizes, 5 oz. for $24 or 2 oz. for $12. Just in case it really is too good to be true, I opted for the smaller size when I placed my order online today. I couldn't be more excited to try it, and once I do, you'll be the first to know if--hair gods willing--my hair looks like Blake Lively's. Minus the color. Brunettes are better.




Images, in order of appearance: (1) Bb. Texture by Bumble and Bumble, $24 for 5 oz. or $12 for 2 oz, available online (www.bumbleandbumble.com); (2) clipping from Elle, thanks to Elle (www.elle.com).

1 comment: