11.3.11

(You Can Have) Sunshine On A Cloudy Day


When I was growing up, on rainy March days like this one, my mother would always say, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." That saying would somehow keep us going, knowing that the end was in sight--that there was indeed light (and spring!) at the end of a long, gloomy tunnel. And while today is precisely that kind of dreary day, after the brutal winter we've had, I find myself grateful for rain instead of snow, humidity rather than freezing temperatures, and cheerful red Hunter rain boots instead of my weather-beaten leaky Uggs. Truly, it's the little things that keep us going, and as fashionistas, it only takes a little pop! of color to have sunshine on a cloudy day.

You may have already started to notice that spring has sprung--in the catalogs and in the stores, at least. I have been happily perusing the pages, creating a mental "to buy" list based on this season's fashions. The common theme on said list is, of course, COLOR. I have come to realize that it makes all the difference, and it is perhaps for this very reason that I found myself inextricably drawn to a pair of fabulous yellow shoes...

Called "elegantly edgy," the very sight of J. Crew's new Sevigne Washed Leather Heels restored sunshine to my rainy morning. Made in Italy using a special washed lamb that's known for its buttery smooth texture, these sunny yellow heels feature a matte stacked heel and an exposed back zipper. I'm especially partial to the platform design since it provides added comfort, along with easy walking, but it's the pop! of yellow that really sells me on this shoe. It's also available in a "soft sandalwood" nude, but in my view, the citrusy zing that J. Crew calls "sour lemon" is fun, versatile, and sure to add a bit of sunshine to any kind of day.



Image: Sevigne Washed Leather Heels in sour lemon $285 by J. Crew, available online (www.jcrew.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment