13.5.11

4 Gifts For Grads

My dear sister--and fellow blogger--will be graduating from Colby College next Sunday so I've been thinking a bit about graduation over these last few weeks.  Graduation gifts are often a category that I struggle with, wanting to remain appropriately sentimental without even a hint of cheese.  I have generally found my way (and my sister's gift is pretty freaking fabulous, if I do say so myself), but in case any of you are currently struggling with the "gifts for grads" category, perhaps you can find a bit of inspiration in today's post.

Go! Reminder Necklace by Dogeared, $46
  If your grad is a go-getter...  Instead of giving her another copy of Oh! The Places You'll Go!, you can still share words of encouragement with this sterling silver "Go!" Reminder Necklace by Dogeared.  Featuring a tiny, sterling silver arrow charm on a delicate sterling chain, this necklace promises to "inspire anyone who wears it to keep moving in a positive direction, chase their dreams, and make their wishes come true."

Hire Me Scoop Tee from Urban Outfitters, $24
 If your grad has a sense of humor--and perhaps a job already lined up?...  You're sure to make her smile by bringing some comic relief to what is often an emotionally charged day.  After all, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little shameless self-promotion.

2011 Graduation Charm Bracelet
by Juicy Couture, $148
Available at Neiman Marcus
 If your grad lives a charmed life...  Nothing says "congrats" quite as boldly as a bit of bling, and as always, Juicy Couture takes it to the next level.  This 2011 Graduation Charm Bracelet features a gold chain link with graduation themed charms, including a class ring, rhinestone "2011," yearbook, and graduation cap.

How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World
by Jordan Christy, $9.87
Available at Barnes & Noble
 If your grad keeps it classy at the head of her class...  Perhaps there has never been a "how to" guide quite as relevant for the elegantly modern girl than How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World.  Delving into "the art of living with style, class, and grace" will take your gracious grad from mailroom to boardroom in no time.

Okay, so obviously these gifts are for the girl grads, but I haven't forgotten about the guys.  More to come in the next episode...  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty freaking fabulous? I can't wait! And the hire me shirt is funny, nice find. Also, you forgot to mention Lollybrand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! Perhaps brand.L by lolly.brand will make an appearance in the "grad gifts for guys" segment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still adore my "The Gospel According To Coco Chanel" that a certain fashionista gave me for my graduation last year :)

    ReplyDelete