10.5.11

Personalize Your Travels

Just last week, as my husband and I were confirming our summer travel plans, it occured to me that the summer is indeed right around the corner.  After all, Memorial Day is three weeks away, and as far as my calendar is concerned, Memorial Day weekend is like the starting line of summer.  So, with a family trip to the Outer Banks on the books for July, I've been thinking a lot about travel, all the fun fashions that go along with it, and--of course--the luggage that contains it all.

Not to state the obvious, but luggage is key to travel, and having the right luggage for a given situation is crucial.  If I'm traveling by plane, I make it a point to cram everything I could possibly need into a carry-on suitcase, since waiting for my luggage at the end of a long flight is akin to torture for an inpatient girl such as myself.  There's clearly a bit more flexibility where luggage is concerned if traveling by car/train/bus/boat, but it's still important to choose wisely.  I mean, if you're lucky enough to possess a Louis Vuitton trunk, it's not going camping with you (an exaggeration to be sure, but I'm dramatic--and you get the point).

Personalized Le Pliage Travel Bag in navy by Longchamp, $155
 Fortunately, it's not necessary to have a separate piece of luggage for every occasion, though it would be rather fun from a fashion standpoint.  Rather, there are some amazingly versatile pieces that will serve you well in any number of situations.  For some time now, I've leaned heavily upon my cherry red Longchamp suitcase (which fits the FAA size regulations) for most manners of travel.  Yet, at times I've found that a full suitcase--even one that is carry-on sized--can overkill for a simple weekend away.  A more modestly sized weekend bag might be more appropriate--but search not, for I've got you covered...

I recently discovered Longchamp's Personalized Le Pliage Travel Bag when perusing the collection of luggage and travel accessories at Saks Fifth Avenue online.  It is the ideal weekend bag, as a versatile tote/duffel hybrid.  Available in black, graphite, or navy, you can add a personalized touch at no additional cost by choosing from one of four monogram styles.  I'm already feeling like this bag may be absolute essential for my summer plans.  It looks like travel just got a little bit more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment