5.5.11

Wallets: Out With the Old, In With the New

I distinctly remember my mom buying me a pink Vera Bradley wallet when I was in elementary school and calling it my "training wallet." I wasn't allowed to carry any real money around in it until I proved that I was responsible enough to keep track of its whereabouts (totally normal, right?). I passed the test, and remained loyal to Vera Bradley wallets all the way until this past December.

Zip ID Case in boysenberry by Vera Bradley, $12
In college, my Vera Bradley "wallet" with a key-ring attachment was ideal; it allowed me to keep my room and mailbox key together with my Colby Card, which was prominently displayed in the clear plastic window built into the wallet. Somehow, I also managed to fit all my cash, cards, and change into the small--though often overcrowded--wallet too, which meant I hardly ever needed to carry my handbag with me when I went out. Great system while I was at school, but... not so great once I entered the real world. I realized it was time for a more grown-up look AND a more sophisticated storage system. Plus, carrying a purse meant that I could have my keys in a separate place from my wallet...oh the possibilites!

Nero Intrecciato Nappa by Bottega Veneta, $680

 After exploring my options online, I settled on the continental wallet style. With a zipper to contain everything, and slots to organize all my cards it seemed ideal. I was immediately drawn to Tory Burch's Robinson Zip Continental Wallet, but I continued to search. I then managed to fall in love with an amazing Bottega Veneta wallet, but seeing as how I wouldn't have much money left over to store in the wallet, Bottega and I had to part ways.

Back to Tory. With wallets available in a variety of colors and materials, it seems there must be a style for everybody at Tory Burch, but it was the leather Robinson that truly spoke to me. And seeing as how I wanted to have money left to store in my wallet after making the purchase, Tory Burch's pricetag seemed reasonable. I decided on a simple design: black leather with a gold logo, a classic start to what I hope will ultimately be my extensive wallet collection. And mom would be proud because, so far, I haven't lost it.

Robinson Zip Continental in black leather by Tory Burch, $225




No comments:

Post a Comment