9.9.11

Casual Couture

Juicy Couture "Couture Is Here" Ad

Tee-shirts have always been a wardrobe staple for me.  Versatility is a quality that I constantly strive for, reasoning that if an item can't give me a lot of mileage, then my hard-earned dollars are best spent elsewhere.  Obviously, tees offer a lot of bang for your buck, as they can be worn in their basic form with jeans and flip-flops for a casual everyday look, or dressed up by adding a tailored blazer on top and your favorite party shoes.  Needless to say, I own a lot of tees so I have been trying to clear out the old to make room for the new--and to be very, very selective when it comes to actually purchasing a new one.


Couture Is Here Vintage Tee, $48
by Juicy Couture
That being said, it was love at first sight for me with this adorable Juicy graphic tee.  My love affair with Juicy dates back about ten years to my early college days (uh-oh, I am aging myself!), and I have collected what is perhaps an unhealthy--yet utterly fabulous--amount of Juicy pieces since.  However, I have tried to limit my purchases of blatantly branded Juicy items, opting instead for unadorned track pants and hoodies, sweaters, tops, and accessories that represent the girly indulgence that is Juicy without turning me into a billboard (which is not to say that I don't have some of those as well).  Yet, in spite of a little name dropping, I can't help but love love love this tee.  In fact, what's not to like about this simple charcoal-colored graphic, printed on a super-soft cotton crewneck in a vintage white?

The stylists at Juicy recommend wearing this tee "beneath a tuxedo jacket and a pile of necklaces."  Add a light smokey eye to the equation, and I really can't think of a better look for a night out.  It appears that couture is, in fact, here--and it's gone casual.


Juicy Couture "Couture Is Here--Statement Maker" Ad


No comments:

Post a Comment