13.9.11

Everyday Equestrian

In my adolescence, I spent a good deal of time riding horses--and I have to confess that my favorite part about it was undoubtedly the wardrobe.  I find the whole look--riding boots, jodhpurs, and all--to be so elegant and timeless.  It has been years since I've been on horseback, but my feelings about the equestrian look haven't changed a bit.  However, riding boots are really the only component of equestrian fashion that I've managed to embrace in my normal life to date.  This is all about to change--thanks to my favorite denim company, J Brand.


Of course, J Brand does much more than simply denim; in fact, just last month, I raved about their new fall collection, which includes amazing corduroy styles in rich jewel tones.  Well, J Brand has done it again...  Allow me to introduce you to the J Brand jodhpur.


J Brand Jodhpur Ad
  
Inspired by the classic riding pants that I wore so fondly in childhood, J Brand's new jodhpur is made from Japanese luxe twill with a flattering skinny cut.  Perhaps my favorite detail is the exposed zipper on the outside of the ankles, which brings a modern twist to this traditional style.  The jodhpur is available in five different fall hues: sharkskin, a stormy grey; vintage stallion, a rich brown; wine, a deep burgundy; congo, a dark army green; and a traditional black.  


Jodhpur in congo
by J Brand, $227
It's difficult for me to pick a favorite color, but I'm leaning towards congo; I feel like that shade of army green can really enhance the fall color palette, whether it's matched with subtle neutrals or more brilliant shades like red
 and orange.  But regardless of your color selection, the jodhpur's versatility speaks volumes.  For a more formal look, they can be paired with high heels and a blazer.  Alternatively, to keep things casual, they could just as easily be worn more with boots or flats and a cozy sweater.  However, even if you're opting for casual, their inherent elegance and timelessness makes the jodhpur a wardrobe staple.


My crystal ball tells me that we will be seeing a lot of jodhpurs in the upcoming season, and I'm totally on board with this trend.  So this fall, bring the equestrian to the everyday.  Your closet will thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment