7.9.11

Geek Chic: the Laptop Edition

I have been dreaming of a new Apple laptop for what feels like forever, but it has been difficult for me to budget for such an extravagant purchase when I feel like there are always so many other things to buy and do.  Fortunately for me, I have an amazing husband, who surprised me with a shiny new Macbook Air on my 28th birthday a couple of weeks ago.  And so the search for the ideal case to protect my pretty little laptop began--because a fashion blogger absolutely needs to have the right accessories!


Stardust 11" Neoprene Computer Case
from Marc by Marc Jacobs, $42
Available from Shopbop.com
So, after an exhaustive online search that spanned several days, I finally placed an order for the Stardust Neoprene Computer Case from Marc by Marc Jacobs.  My main priority was protecting my irresistibly thin and light computer so I was set on a neoprene case, and this one just...spoke to me.  Embossed with the Marc Jacobs logo and alternating star and heart icons, this neoprene sleeve features an enameled logo plate, zip top, and a padded interior with fuzzy faux-fur lining.  While this case is also available in black and violet, it should come as no surprise that I opted for the blindingly hot pink.  Incidentally, based on my research, the $42 price tag that I scored from Shopbop is pretty standard for neoprene cases of its type--and $6 less than the advertised Marc Jacobs' price.

The moral of the story is that I couldn't be happier with my purchase.  Now my new computer is not only protected, but it's pretty in pink too.

No comments:

Post a Comment