12.10.11

Boho Booties

Roan Wedge in brown, $140
by Betsey Johnson
Available from Free People

I've been on the look-out for some brown ankle boots for some time now, but with the exception of the Rachel Zoe pair that I simply can't afford, I've been striking out.  That is, until I spotted these wedges by Betsey Johnson in the October edition of InStyle magazine.  Called the Roan Wedge, these lace-up suede ankle boots feature a 5-inch heel, as well as a 1-inch hidden platform, and they are available in brown, blue, and black--but of course I've got my sights set on brown. 

I'm digging the Roan's distinctly bohemian vibe, and I love the autumnal feel of the rich brown.  I envision wearing these boho booties with flared jeans or even a pair of skinnies--and with a price tag of $140, they're totally reasonable.  Still, I'm slightly hesitant... I'm wondering about their versatility.  Could I wear them to work--or are they too youthful, maybe too hippie?  Or would they be fabulously intellectual, perhaps even professorial, with a pair of wool pants and a cozy sweater?  Let me know your thoughts.  After all, I simply couldn't bear a footwear fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment