1.11.11

I Am Thankful For My Fashionista Friends, Episode 1: The Newest In Fashion From UGG Australia

Happy November, fashionista friends!  It's hard to believe that the end of the year is fast approaching, but as you may be able to judge from my recent lack of blog posts, life has been busy--and time is just flying by!  That being said, November is here, and to me, that means Thanksgiving (yum!).  So it is in the spirit of thanks that I have decided to devote the 30 days of November to express my gratitude to the family and friends who never fail to inspire my style and lift my spirits.  And today is episode one...


Just this past weekend, Massachusetts was hit with a freak snowstorm, and since my husband and I stubbornly insist upon keeping the heat off until at least November, we sought refuge from winter's early arrival with our coziest clothes, blankets, and hot chocolate.   And of course, I turned to my Uggs.  


I remember when Uggs first came into fashion during my college years, and I swore that they were the ugliest footwear ever.  That is, until I returned home for the Christmas holiday from sunny LA to my family's new home in the chilly hill towns of Western Massachusetts.  The Uggs my mom gifted me that Christmas became a survival staple for me that year, and I have never looked back, incorporating various Ugg styles into my wardrobe year after year.


Bailey Button Ankle Boots in black
by Ugg Australia, $160
Available at Bloomingdales


This fall, I was inspired to add a new pair of Uggs to my collection after seeing a dear friend's little daughter wearing a pair of plum colored Bailey Button Ankle Boots.  As it turned out, the fun color of her boots wasn't available in adult sizes, but I am loving my Baileys in basic black with black shearling.  Although, I will forever treasure my chestnut colored Classic Tall Uggs, I was excited for a shorter pair that could be more easily worn beneath pants, rather than tucking my pants in.  The versatility of the Bailey style also appealed to me, as I have the option of wearing them with the shearling cuff up or down for two totally different looks.  This past weekend, with the unexpected snowfall in full effect, I paired my Baileys beneath a maxi skirt and found myself discussing the merits of cozy footwear with my lovely friend, Kira, a fellow lover of all things Ugg.  And in the spirit of thanksgiving, I am thankful to Kira for sharing the newest in Ugg fashion with me: the Tularosa Route Detachable Boot with Removable Knit Overlay.


Tularosa Route Detachable Boot
with Removable Knit Overlay
in chestnut by Ugg Australia, $249.95
Available from Nordstrom
As Kira explained to me, the Tularosa offers an update on the classic Ugg boot with the addition of a removable cable knit overlay that can be worn pulled up over the leg.  After my post on Hunter's basket weave welly socks last month,  it probably doesn't come as much of a surprise that I love the look of the Tularosa's knit sock component.  And to that point, the color pairings of the removable cable knit overlay and boot are an added bonus.  While it's hard to beat the classic pairing of chestnut and ivory, I also love the chocolate with chocolate, as well as the black with grey.  Basically, you can't go wrong.


Alternative view of Ugg's Tularosa Boot


So how many Uggs are too many Uggs?  I'm not sure that such a limit exists, especially when each pair is cozier than the last.  My approach is to always embrace variety by choosing distinct colors and styles to keep things interesting--while staying warm and cozy, regardless of plummeting temperatures and snowy surprises.  Three cheers for the newest in fashion from Ugg Australia--and many thanks to Kira for sharing.


1 comment:

  1. Because I am slightly contrarion I do not wear uggs. So I bought the "Jozie" style North Face boots at Nordstrom (in black, not camel). I love them! Miss you, Lady.

    ReplyDelete