3.9.09

Put Me In A (Tiffany) Box

It's official: I have been in my new little house for a month now. I wish I could tell you this means (1) we are now settled; (2) the house is organized; and (3) life is fabulous. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Though we are well on our way, the "to do" list remains somewhat lengthy. In fact, it is my bedroom that needs far more love and attention--and not for a lack of trying. Though my beloved husband has a surprising tolerance for bold design (thank you, HGTV), he is currently resisting all of my efforts to turn my bedroom into a Tiffany box.

Yes, you heard right; put me in a (Tiffany) box. To clarify, I'm not talking about diamonds, though I wouldn't turn them down. Rather, I'm all about that tell-tale shade of robin's egg blue (heaven, in color form) on my bedroom walls. I would hate to air our marital discord online (some nonsense along the lines of the color not being masculine, which is interesting when the room in question is shared with a female counterpart), but I will concede that interior decor--like marriage--often requires compromise. Which I am capable of.

Sadly, there will be no Tiffany walls for me, but I've moved on--to the accents. After all, life is all about the details, is it not? Take these images from Apartment Therapy Boston (my new mecca), where this perfect color makes an appearance on a smaller scale: in a few stripes of paint, a decorative pillow, a piece of furniture. This striking use of color is anything but subtle. In fact, it could be argued that, individually, the bright splashes of color make more of a statement than your standard coat of paint on the walls.

So as you can see, fashion is alive and well in the home. As far as my home is concerned, the next item on my "to-do" list involves a can of Tiffany blue paint and a side table. If a bite-sized Tiffany box can bring a smile to my face, then I'm guessing a small, appropriately colored, bedside table can do the same. One way or another, I will have Tiffany in my room.

Stay tuned for the next episode. And photos.





Images courtesy of Apartment Therapy Boston, online at www.apartmenttherapy.com/boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment