23.9.09

Reach For the Thigh


Confession: I am sort of visionary. Don't be worried; I am so not drinking the Kool-Aid. Rather, there are times when I can feel a trend, and of this one I am completely certain. Think: thigh-highs.

It's true, in the land of school girls, thigh-highs are certainly "been there, done that." But I'm not talking about pairing 'em with your Britney Spears micro mini (save it for Halloween, sista). Instead, I'm all about socks over tights, leggings, and even skinny jeans/pants. This look is particularly effective with killer boots--in the spirit of layering, of course.

Fortunately for sock lovers such as myself, hosiery is everywhere this fall. While running an innocent errand at the mall last night, I found myself pulled into the punk/prep playground that is Rugby. There, with the help of two dashing young prepsters, I happily invested in two fabulous sock options. My favorite of the two: a burgundy and navy Striped Cotton Boot Sock--utterly irresistible in a sexy Hogwarts sort of way (if such a thing exists).

Trust me, I am onto something here. In fact (and I can't believe I'm about to say this), I'm sort of looking forward to the cold weather--at least, cold enough to put my trend to the test. Until then, I'll leave you with some motivational words: reach for the thigh!



Images, in order of appearance: (1) thigh highs on the runway, photo courtesy of Fashion Bomb (http://www.fashionbombdaily.com/); (2) Striped Cotton Boot Socks $19.50, available at Rugby (www.rugby.com).

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha- there is totally such thing as sexy Hogwarts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cedric Diggory would tots reach for the thigh

    ReplyDelete