11.8.10

Comfy Chic: Best Idea Ever


I know that it's August--and thus still very much the summer time--but I'm sort of over it. I'm annoyed by the heat, sick of the corresponding wardrobe, and basically just ready for brusque autumn days and the changing leaves. Sheesh, someone sure is full of complaints, huh? While I can't accelerate time, I continue to look forward to fall fashions--and the days cool enough for stockings, boots, and sweaters.

On that note, let's talk comfy chic, shall we? Best. Idea. Ever. Granted, I'm willing to strap on 4-inch heels every day, but fashion and comfort are not always mutually exclusive. Hello, does the word luxury lounge wear ring any bells??? Indeed, it is the very premise behind the Juicy Couture sweatsuits that took over the nation nearly a decade ago (yikes, I am getting olddd). But today, I want to move behind terrycloth and velour and focus on something a little bit more luxurious: cashmere. Yum.

While innocently online window shopping from the J. Crew fall collection, I fell head over heels in love with their Cashmere Popover Hoodie. J. Crew calls this Classic New England wardrobe piece the epitome of luxury lounge wear. Of course, they've also put their money where their mouth is, making their Popover Hoodie from a special 12-gauge knit hailing from a world-famous Italian mill in the foothills of Piedmont. Available in four subtle autumn shades (nickle, cobblestone, plum, and burnt sienna), this hoodie also features a convenient kangaroo pocket; long sleeves; and an even longer silhouette, hitting at the hip. Plus, if your blood runs blue, you have the option of adding a monogram (just add $10).

Instantly envisioning candy apples and apple cider, I can actually picture myself wearing this hoodie, perhaps with mon petit bébé in tow. As my husband would say, I am a "marketer's dream," but I'm willing to wager--now that you've heard the full story--that you sort of want one too...



Images: Cashmere Popover Hoodie $198 by J. Crew (www.jcrew.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment