5.8.10

Orange for Summer (not like on Jersey Shore)


This summer, I can't get enough orange. No no, not like on Jersey Shore! I'm talking about orange in the most fashionable sense, as in a serious pop! of color. I know I'm not the only one out there who feels this way. In fact, I have discussed the merits of a firey Cajun orange with my dear friend, Ash, on many occasions. And then the subject came up in line at Starbucks just this morning...

While waiting for my drink to be ready--in what was unfortunately quite a long line of patrons--the girl to my left leaned over and asked, "Do you know the specific nail color you're wearing?" In fact, I did; it was a recent purchase from Target (who is now carrying OPI and Essie, if you can believe it!): Hot & Spicy by OPI.
You may recognize this bold nail color from Refinery 29's nail color prediction for 2010, posted all the way back in January. Well, right they are! What they dubbed "persimmon perfection" brings all the summer sizzle a girl could need in one itty bitty bottle. It's best worn with a tiny bit of a tan and is the ideal contrast to a summer white or nautical navy. So if your nails are in need of a late summer pick-me-up, I highly recommend that you give them the pop! of color that they so deserve--and go orange for summer.



Image thanks to Refinery 29 (www.refinery29.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment