21.1.11

Geek Your Geek On, Part 2

When the Kindle first came on the market, I was unsure how I felt about it--conceptually, I mean. As some might know, I tend to fear change, and the idea of an electronic device that replaced the books I have so lovingly collected over time... Well, let's just say I wasn't an immediate fan. However, I soon came to realize the value of such a device. For a speed reader like me (no brag, just fact) who travels with some regularity, books take up an awful lot of room in one's carry-on! Wouldn't it be fabulous to have a tiny little device on which one could store all her reading material? Lolly, meet Kindle. Kindle, meet Lolly.

I became the proud owner of my very own Kindle this past Christmas, and having just finished the mammoth-sized book I was working on for the last few weeks, I have finally begun my journey into the uncharted territory of electronic book reading. But like many fancy electronics, a Kindle ought not be left exposed, in case an unhappy accident might occur--perhaps a clumsy fashionista might accidentally drop it? So my first order of business was to find a case for my little K. Holy decisions! Like the iPad case quest of last post, it seems that Kindle/Nook cases are amongst the newest fashion accessories! In fact, just yesterday I received a Diane von Furstenberg email advertising DVF signature prints exclusively for Kindle. Like I said, geek is chic!

That said, my approach to a Kindle cover was this: If I'm going to have it for a long time, then it should be functional yet fashionable--just like a good handbag. With parameters such as those, let's be serious: Kate Spade is a no-brainer. While Kate Spade covers are actually made for Nooks rather than Kindles (gasp!), I can assure you that your own little K will indeed fit comfortably and securely. The only question is, which cover will it be???Yes, this is a test. And I'm simply dying to know which cover YOU think I picked! So leave your comments below or send me an email--and the result will soon be unveiled! Until then, stay geeky, dearest fashionista friends....


Option 1....







Option 2...

Option 3....











Images, in order of appearance: (1) Kayley Canvas Clutch by Diane von Furstenberg exclusively for Amazon Kindles, $85 each, available online (http://www.dvf.com/); (2) Canvas Bella Library Cover by Kate Spade $85, available from Barnes & Noble (www.barnesandnoble.com); (3) Jane Street Bella Cover in pink/marmalade by Kate Spade $125, also available from Barnes & Noble; (4) Bella Travels Cover by Kate Spade $85, also available from Barnes & Noble.

1 comment:

  1. Kate Spade covers are made for Kindles! They sell the cutest Great Gatspy on amazon. Maybe you'll need two :)

    ReplyDelete