15.1.11

Lady Luxe


Remember back in grade school when the new girl immediately sky-rocketed to popularity, leaving all the other girls in her class in a dismal cloud of dust behind her? Well, Lady Luxe is the new girl in my 'hood, and while there isn't much competition, she's still made one hell of entrance!

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself; allow me to explain... As you may already know, I love love love discovering new boutiques in and around the Boston area. I'm especially partial to vintage and/or consignment shops, which feel like the grown-up version of treasure hunting. You never know what might be hiding on a shelf or rack, and I suppose it's the thrill of the hunt that gets me. Lady Luxe is just this type of shop, and I dare say that part vintage lifestyle and part modern hipster equals one very cute new girl.

I have been meaning to pop into Lady Luxe since I first noticed it last summer. Its location on the Belmont/Cambridge line means that it couldn't be more conveniently located (for me, at least), but I tend to always pass it en route to another destination and just never seem to have a moment to spare! But today was the day. After a rendez vous with some of my very besties, we popped to see what we could see. The sunny vintage shop is bigger than it appears from the street, housing a mix of retro clothing, accessories, and housewares that all possess a suprisingly striking modern appeal.

The treasure on this particular treasure hunt was, without a doubt, an Oscar (de la Renta, to be clear) cap sleeved sheath dress covered in matte finish gold sequins. While it may have been quite literally worth its weight in gold (I kid you not, this dress was heavy!), I'm pretty sure I could have made it look light and effortless. While the price tag of $185 was hardly unreasonable, I had a sneaking suspicion that my adorable husband might disagree with my appraisal so I kept my wallet tucked safely inside my handbag. This time. But I'll be back. After all, who doesn't want to be just as luxe as the new girl?






Psst... If you need to see it to believe it, Lady Luxe is located at 31 Belmont Street in Cambridge, MA--and they're having a sale all through out the month of January! Click here to visit their Facebook page for more details.



All images thanks to Google maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment