15.12.10

A-List Status

Last week, I confessed that I tend to wear my heart on my nails--which means that for various reasons, the past few months have found me solidly in the black nails category. Well, due for a polish update, I met some dear friends for a mani/pedi at MiniLuxe last night. As we perused the nail polish selection, I debated between navy blue and dark grey. I mean, nothing says "holiday" quite like black-ish polish, right? Settling on navy, I took my seat at the manicure station between my girls. It was then that I noticed they had selected the same festive shade of red--and I thought, why not?...
The color, A-list by Essie, is a bright, cheery, red-carpet-worthy red. I admit, I hadn't been feeling all that festive, but sometimes a few good friends with fabulous taste is all it takes to brighten a day. Granted, I'm talking about nail color here, not saving the world... But in fact, I learned today from a lovely yoga guru friend of mine that our hands are included in the flow of heart chakra energies; so there is indeed something to be said for lightening their burden--and nail color. And it is my humble opinion that if you're going to opt for a change, you might as well go for A-list status.

It is this fashionista's humble opinion that a manicure can make a difference. So whatever complications face you this holiday, don't feel bad about indulging yourself a little. My girl Ani DiFranco has said, "I owe my life to the people that I love." I would have to agree with her. And on that note, happy holidays, dear fashionista friends.
Image: A-List nail color by Essie (www.essie.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment