11.7.12

She's Come Unheeled Comes Unheeled

Coming unheeled with my girl

Since I brought my sweet baby home from the hospital this past winter, I have been struggling to maintain She's Come Unheeled--which you may or may not have already concluded from my lack of regular posting.  It's not that I don't still love fashion (I do!), or writing (I do!)--but my adventures as a self-proclaimed fashionista have become...different. 

It may be that my priorities have shifted.  Darn conscience; I can't feel like a good mama if my credit card is burning a hole in my wallet after splurging on a pair of shoes or handbag that I really shouldn't buy, when there are diapers, wipes, formula, and baby gear to buy.  Glamorous, huh?  Yet, I still feel a sense of calm come over me when I walk through the front doors of Bloomingdales and step onto that signature black-and-white tiled floor, and there are more dog-eared pages than not in the newest J. Crew catalog.  I am, it seems, still a fashionista (what relief!), but I am also a mother, and the latter has afforded me a new lens through which to view the world--of fashion and otherwise.  So, just as I have found myself rocking my lovely yet sensible Tory flats instead of my exquisite and indulgent Louboutins lately, I feel that it is time for She's Come Unheeled to come unheeled--as I have.

No, I'm not quitting!!!  Please.  Rather, I am embracing the changing nature of my adventures as a self-proclaimed fashionista so the tone of She's Come Unheeled will likely change accordingly, now that my days aren't all filled with my lust for a Chanel handbag (just most of them).  I am guessing that there will be some days devoted to my new favorite nail polish or the shoes I'm coveting, but I am also excited to write about the amazing children's consignment shop I discovered, whether or not baby girls should wear bikinis, and the delicious mocktail recipe I tested while my babe was napping.  Don't worry, I will NOT be giving up designer denim in favor of mom jeans (the horror!), but beyond that, I'm not entirely sure where my new adventures will take me.  I just hope that you, like me, will look forward to finding out--and maybe, just maybe, coming unheeled with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment