22.7.13

stealing from friends

Last month, I attended a health and beauty exchange with some of my favorite ladies.  For those unfamiliar with this type of event, it is like a Yankee Swap but far more fabulous.  Here's how it works: you set a price point for a favorite health or beauty item; buy enough for all who will be in attendance; and get together to exchange and dish on your health and beauty secrets.  So fun, right?! 

I picked up some helpful tricks of the trade, and a few particulars have already been implemented in my own personal regime:

All About Eyes, $30 for 0.5 oz.
by Clinique
Available at Sephora

The lovely Genevieve shared a beauty secret she learned during her time in France: under-eye cream is a MUST.  She swears by Clinique's All About Eyes, applied twice daily as part of her morning and evening routine.  Since my under-eyes haven't exactly received rave reviews since my adventures as a fashionista became the unheeled adventures of fashionista and baby, I had to try it for myself.  I have been using All About Eyes for only a couple of weeks now so I can't speak to the long-term results, but I already love the restorative, moisturizing lightness of this cream and the fact that a little goes a long way.  Hopefully I am also on my way towards looking as fresh-faced as Genevieve and the tres chic women of France.
 
Almond Supple Skin Oil, $40
by L'Occitane

The lovely Mary shared a very helpful beauty secret for expectant mamas, the Almond Supple Skin Oil from L'Occitane.  Having recently moved into my third-trimester, this seemed like a necessity.  Made of almond and Cameline oil, your skin is left feeling deeply moisturized and more toned.  It is safe to apply all over, and since I find the summer to be a very drying season, particularly as Harper and I frequent the pool, I've also been using it on my legs to combat dryness.  I had shied away from oils in the past for fear that I would feel greasy or sticky, but this oil is light and absorbs into the skin quickly.  Those who know me also know that I am olfactorily-challenged, but from what I have heard, the scent is delicious too!

Sugar Shine Lip Treatment, $18.50
by Fresh
Available at Sephora
 
The lovely Aimee introduced me to Fresh's Sugar Shine Lip Treatment, and I am a total convert.  In the past, I have used and loved their Sugar Advanced Therapy, and so I trust Fresh implicitly.  While it is difficult to compete with Sara Happ's Lip Slip, which has been my glossy go-to for what feels like forever, the Sugar Shine Lip Treatment brings the amazing powers of Fresh to a shiny new place.  This all-in-one lip remedy is neither heavy nor sticky, but it moisturizes while also adding gloss and a subtle sheen.   All of this has earned it a place in my handbag to be used for any and every occasion; I am completely obsessed.

I feel very fortunate to be in the mix with some totally dialed-in girlies and to have the opportunity to beg, borrow, and steal their secrets to health and beauty.  Hopefully this will be the first of many health and beauty exchanges to come!

3 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the tips can't wait to try them out! And did I read that right!? Pregnant? Congrats! What are you having?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! :) Yep, baby boy due this fall... Hopefully all will go well. We miss you guys!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you! Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete