6.5.09

Mother Knows Best--and Deserves Nothing Less

Like every diligent daughter/daughter-in-law out there, this week called for some careful Mother's Day shopping. Naturally, a visit to the Nordstrom beauty department was in order, and this is how I found myself at the Kiehl's counter.

Having already heard about the new Kiehl's mascara, I was intrigued. While I'm more than thrilled with Dior and Givenchy (who make a permanent home in my make-up bag), Kiehl's can do no wrong in my book. So it was really only a matter of time before I took the plunge into the world of Marvelous Mineral Mascara. Write that down.

If curiosity hasn't won you over yet, allow me to boast. According to Kiehl's, "Marvelous Mineral Mascara contains minerals that are pulverized into a very fine powder to impart a smooth and even application. When combined with thickening Acacia Senegal and conditioning Jojoba Oil, this paraben-free formula will leave your lashes beautifully soft."

I took the Marvelous Mineral Mascara for a test drive this morning and was not disappointed. It was completely free of clumps, enabling an even application that both lengthened and enhanced my lashes. In fact, this mascara was SO GOOD that I didn't even need my Givenchy to add that extra boost!

In addition to my fabulous cosmetic purchase, I was also able to find some equally amazing products for the mothers in my life. Nothing but the best for these lovely ladies! Plus, there is reassurance in knowing that everyone enjoys the Kiehl's product line--a person would have to be absolutely insane not to!

As if you needed another reason to love Kiehl's, they are now partnered with the Waterkeeper Alliance, one of the world's fastest growing environmental movements. The Waterkeeper Alliance supports the fight for clean water and strong communities at the local, national, and international level. 100% of Kiehl's net profits (up to $100,000) from the sale of select products will support the Waterkeeper Alliance's environmental initiatives.

So, in honor of Mother's Day, visit Kiehl's and grab a gift for the Queen Mum in your life. It will be a gift that will truly make mama proud, knowing that Kiehl's will honor our mother earth with its support of the Waterkeeper Alliance, protecting and preserving community waterways across the globe. After all, mother knows best--and deserves nothing less.



Psst: For more information on the Waterkeeper Alliance, visit www.kiehlsgivesback.com.


Marvelous Mineral Mascara by Kiehl's, $16.50: available online at www.kiehls.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment