6.10.09

Metro Chic for Fall



For my birthday back in August, my lovely friend, Miss Annie Rose, sent me a package containing of a few of her favorite fall items. One of these fall fashion gems was a bottle of Sephora's own Metro Chic nail color. With fall very much underway, I found myself inspired to paint my nails during last night's episode of Gossip Girl. The result was so very metro chic (how appropriate) that I simply had to brag!

Probably the best thing about this color is that I've never seen anything quite like it before. Typically, every brand has it's own version of a given nail color. But not in this case! Made exclusively for Sephora by O.P.I., this autumnal shade is a smokey mix of brown, purple, and grey. As I've mentioned before, I keep my nails very short and very square--and this color works perfectly. It's dark without being too dark, and neutral enough to match nearly an ensemble. Versatility, versatility, versatility!--it's like gold in the fashion world.

Though I was hard pressed to abandon my black polish, I'm all about fairness so I simply had to take Metro Chic for a test run. And you should too! I mean, who doesn't want to look metro chic for fall?



Image: Metro Chic nail color by O.P.I. for Sephora $9, available online at www.sephora.com or in stores; photo thanks to Style Bakery Beauty (www.stylebakerybeauty.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment