5.10.09

ban.do--Puts Blair Waldorf to Shame

Ahhh, autumn! Hot apple cider, New England foliage, finally getting to wear boots again, and--OMGG!--Gossip Girl is back on. I may be twenty-six, but that doesn't mean I can't find guilty pleasure in the fictional lives of Manhattan's teenage elite. Serena van der Woodsen, Dan Humphrey, Blair Waldorf... And how do I love thee, Miss Waldorf? Let me count thy headbands...

As a girl with an unhealthy arsenal of my own power headbands, I can identify with Blair Waldorf--and the source of her conniving powers of manipulation. Obviously, Dan had no idea what he was talking about when he suggested that headbands have no place in college. I am walking proof that headbands have an important role in college, the workplace, and beyond. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that New York's Queen B doesn't make it out to the west coast very often, and so I can do her one better. My happy online discovery of ban.do puts Blair Waldorf to shame! Imagine.

Born of two LA stylists in 2008, ban.do is an empire of gorgeous headbands--as well as collars, corsages, and belts that define "wearable art." Despite their So-Cal studio location, their line lacks even a hint of the LA hipster vibe. Rather, working with classic materials like feathers, velvet, rhinestones, and silk, ban.do is the ultimate in elegance. They even have a special selection of delicate headpieces for blushing brides who wish to channel a bygone age.


With so many striking pieces to choose from, I find myself rather indecisive. But you know that I'm a sucker for feathers and sparkle and satin (oh my!), which is why I'm leaning towards the Vintage Cover Girl. This thin satin headband boasts a delicate cluster of peacock feathers, neatly fanning out from a vintage rhinestone brooch. It's exactly the kind of statement headpiece that any girl should have in her collection.

Yet, if handbands aren't your thing, all of the power of a Queen B can be yours with the likes of ban.do's Gracie Corsage or the Aristocrat Collar. I mean, hello!--how much more powerfully prep can you possibly get? And to think: Georgina puts so much effort into shaming Blair, when all she really needed to do was shop ban.do!


Images, in order of appearance: Leighton Meester as Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf, photo from In Style (http://www.instyle.com/); (2) Vintage Cover Girl $200, headband by ban.do (online at www.shopbando.com); (3) Aristocrat Collar $165, also by ban.do.

No comments:

Post a Comment