17.2.10

Great Lengths? Not So Much...

A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't contain my excitement about the new Clinique High Lengths Mascara. After purchasing and testing it out for myself, I'm feeling sadly underwhelmed. Great lengths? Not so much...

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the major selling feature of this mascara is the "willow" brush, which is actually a curved, fine-toothed comb that is designed to capture even the tiniest of lashes so as to lengthen. The result is supposedly longer lashes that make your eyes look wide and bright. In my experience, the same willow brush that was supposed to revolutionize my lashes is just a huge pain to use. Rather than tracking down all my lashes, the curved shape of the brush made application difficult. The result: just as much mascara on and around my eyes as on my eyelashes. Such a hot mess--and so NOT what I need in the morning!


In theory, Clinique's vision is a good one, and I suppose that, if you're accustomed to working with a curved brush, this might be a good fit for you. Clearly, I am not that girl, and so--like always--I have run straight back into the open arms of my DiorShow Iconic Mascara. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.



Images, in order of appearance: (1) Clinique willow brush image thanks to the Beaut.ie blog (http://beaut.ie/blog); (2) scene from A Clockwork Orange, thanks to PBS (http://www.pbs.org/); (3)DiorShow Iconic Mascara $27, available at Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment