22.2.10

Johnny Was Here

I was lucky enough to have a mother/daughter date this past Friday night. As you may remember, I inherited my taste for expensive fashion from my beloved Momma so it should come as no surprise that Bloomingdales seemed like an ideal destination for two girls out on the town. Fortunately for us (and our wallets), Bloomingdales was having their fabulous Brown Bag sale. Heaven. On. Earth.

Perusing the seemingly endless racks of marked-down designer duds, I hoped to get lucky. I mean, you can always find great things on sale, but I was in search of something special... which manifested itself in the form of Johnny Was. For those unfamiliar with this line, Johnny Was is the ultimate in urban-bohemian chic from designer Biya Ramar. Her work is known for vibrant silhouettes infused with intoxicating color combinations.

Apparently I had been living under a rock until Friday, having never heard of Johnny Was, but as the saying goes, better late than never! I'm loving all signs that Johnny Was here: the easy, breezy, boho feel of the collection with color palettes, prints, and embroidery that all remind me of the years I spent in LA. So now that I'm officially missing the sun, I can only hope that spring and summer would get a move on it already. After all, I would like to actually wear my new dress!


Information on Johnny Was from the Johnny Was official website (www.johnnywas.com); Print B Tunic by Johnny Was $190, available at Neiman Marcus (www.neimanmarcus.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment