25.2.10

Happy Birthday!--One Year Later, Still So Obsessed...


Today, dearest fashionista friends, is a very important day: She's Come Unheeled is celebrating its first birthday! So thank you, loyal readers and fashion gurus, for your continued support. And what better way to celebrate than to return to the starting line, with ankle boots? After all, it may be one year later, but I'm still so obsessed!

Interestingly enough, the ankle boot trend--that I lovingly termed "shootie"--is still going strong after a year. Will this look, like Uggs and Juicy sweatsuits, last forever? Perhaps! At any rate, let's revisit why we love them so much in the first place. For one, shooties keep those tootsies warm in the cccold New England winter much more effectively than a skimpy pair of heels ever could. Then there's the issue of versatility; they can be worn with a thick pair of tights and a skirt or dress, or with a fabulous pair of skinny jeans. The possibilities are endless!

Not for nothing, with spring just around the corner, I've noticed a recent modification to the shootie style: the peep toe. While it's definitely not warm enough for me to test this less-than-functional trend, I have to admit that I get the allure. A little peep of a toe, freshly pedicured (obvi) with bright red polish could be cute! I refuse to expose my tootsies to the elements until all the snow and ice is long gone, but come March 20 (or thereabouts) I could get into this. I guess you'll just have to stay tuned--for more on shooties and another year of adventures from your friendly neighborhood fashionista...


Images, in order of appearance: (1) Spring peep-toe ankle boots by Chanel, photo thanks to The Cupcake Chronicles (http://theccchronicles.blogspot.com).

1 comment: