3.3.10

Go Nude!

I spent last weekend with my family at our farm in Western Massachusetts, where, away from the fast-paced city (with its according distractions), my mother and I took advantage of our time offline to catch up on the stack of fashion magazines that have been neglected for the past month (gasp). Our routine, perfected over the years, is simple yet effective; we set up shop at the kitchen table, where we page through each magazine and discuss our findings over breakfast. Since mother knows best, I thought I would devote today's post to her spring fashion forecast: go nude! Hello, get your mind out of the gutter; we're talking about footwear here.

This spring, nude footwear is all the rage, and I'm SO ready to get on board with this trend. When it comes to apparel, I typically stay away from nudes. Not only do nudes accentuate my pale skin, but I'm not a big fan on inadvertently looking naked. However, nude footwear is a completely different story. While remaining neutral in tone, nudes lighten and brighten a look from the bottom up. As a girl who regularly opts for all black, a pair of nude heels could completely transform my look--as shown below (left), with Rachel Bilson's chic LBD ensemble. How convenient then, that the same pair of nude heels can also dress up a pair of jeans in the most complimentary way (below, right). Not for nothing, but you know how I just adore versatility!


After further consideration, I'm not sure why my nude epiphany didn't occur earlier--why it took countless magazine spreads for me to see the light... After all, I am as obsessed with Burberry as a girl can be--and what would Burberry be without their signature creamy beige? Indeed, nude is the cornerstone of Burberry's iconic plaid, the classic color for a Burberry trench, and now a footwear staple too! What can I say? Go nude or go home.


Images, in order of appearance: (1) Campari Patent Mary Jane in flesh $645 by Manolo Blahnik, available at Neiman Marcus (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/); (2) Rachel Bilson in beige covered heels by Maison Martin Margiela, photo thanks to In Their Closet (http://intheircloset.com/); (3) Beige on the October 2009 Burberry spring runway collection, image thanks to My Fashion Cents by Loren Ridinger (www.myfashioncents.com); (4) Me! wearing my Burberry trench and sitting inside the Burberry gift bag on my 25th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment