16.3.10

I'm A Barbie Girl--and so are they...



It wasn't too long ago that I was raving about Christian Louboutin's fabulous Barbie partnership--and I confess I didn't think it could get much better than that! But it seems wonders never cease, for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), a not-for-profit trade association of America’s foremost designers, hosted a Barbie Collector Charity Auction on Ebay earlier this year to benefit their educational initiatives and scholarship program. The benefit featured Barbie (obvi!), à la Kate Spade, Alexis Bittar, and Betsey Johnson--just to name a few. Clearly, life in plastic just got so much more fantastic.

These special Barbies' apparel centered around everyone's favorite fashion MUST, the little black dress (LBD), in accordance with the style and personality of each of these fabulous designers. Don't ask me how it happened, but the fact that I MISSED this exclusive event (which ran from January 28-February 7) is something that I may never forgive myself for. My only hope is that one lucky bidder will get tired of their Barbie girl and put her back up for auction?... Pretty please?...

Psst: For more information on the CFDA, visit their website: www.cfda.com. To become a fan of the CFDA on Facebook, click here.

Image: CFDA Barbie Collector Charity Auction, online at http://stores.ebay.com/auctioncausecharityauctions/pages/barbie-basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment