12.3.10

ROSEBUD!

You may not know this, but I suffer from perpetually chapped lips--either that, or my lips are just completely addicted to lip balm/salve/gloss and can't seem to function properly without it... Whatever the case, the little zip pocket in my purse is always jammed with a variety of lip treats to keep my kisser kissable. The options are plentiful, but since receiving Smith's Rosebud Salve as a gift from my beloved Annie Rose, it's been one of my favorites in the chapped lip therapy department. My only issue with it: the packaging. As aesthetically pleasing as the classic tin is, application can be tricky; call me a germaphob, but I would much rather wash my hands before dipping a finger into my lip salve. But fortunately for me (and my phobias), all is never lost...

Shopping at Anthropologie just last week, I was waiting to pay for my items and found myself captivated by those pesky grab items--you know, the little jars of goodies strategically placed by the register as last-minute impulse buys? Well, in one such jar was (drum roll please)....TUBES of Rosebud Salve! Hallelujah. Rosebud may have been the enigma of Citizen Kane, but it's the ultimate beauty remedy for this fashionista! This fabulous multi-purpose has amazing healing powers that sooth and heal dry lips, while giving them a rosy little gloss in the process. Plus, it works for other ailments too; you can use the salve to ease the sting of (minor) burns, cure dry elbows during those horrid winter months, tame fly-aways, or even smooth your cuticles! The possibilities have always been endless, and now the packaging is ideal.


Images, in order of appearance: (1) Smith's Rosebud Salve in 0.8 oz. tin $6, available at Sephora (www.sephora.com/); (2) Smith's Rosebud Salve in 0.5 oz. tube, available at Anthroplogie (http://www.anthropologie.com/); (3) Rosebud sled from Citizen Kane, image thanks to Destination Hollywood (www.destinationhollywood.com).

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing news! Just the other night I had to have Justin pry open a Rosebud tin that I couldn't get on my own. I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! I use Badger lip balm and it's in the same tin as Rosebud, and I always just apply it right on and rub the whole tin on my lips. I think it might look a little silly. Time to get Rosebud in a tube. Thanks sister!

    ReplyDelete