2.3.10

The Verdict: Keep It Together!

Dearest fashionista friends, let me first thank you for your fiercely impassioned responses to our hot debate over split-toed ankle boots (decidedly NOT hot). For the first time in Love It or Loathe It? history, the verdict was unanimous: LOATHE! But since your feelings on the issue were so strong and well-reasoned, I wanted to share the details of our discussion...

As my dear friend, Lauren, pointed out, we are not the first to take a stance on this issue. In fact, at this time last year, the fabulous Perez Hilton shared his dismay about this terrible fashion faux-pas, citing the above photo of Sarah Jessica Parker. In his words, not mine, let the camel toe and horse face jokes begin!

Among my favorite responses were the following:

  • If I wanted people to see the curvature of my toes, I would just wear socks around all day.

  • Looks stupid and uncomfortable and makes me think of people who wear socks with flip flops. If you're not a ninja turtle, these shoes have no purpose.

  • LOATHE IT! They took an already awful thing and added one more element to hate about it!

  • They look like they are made for cows or goats.

  • Nasty, nasty, nasty!

  • It screams ninja turtle toes!!! It also reminds me of when people wear socks with flip flops...ouch!

  • I hope it doesn't become one of those trends that we all swear we'd never get caught dead in--but then take over our wardrobe in a couple months.

  • Okay, no, this is gross.
  • This looks like a camel toe, literal camel toe, not perverse camel toe. That being said, anything that resembles even-toed ungulates (thank you Wikipedia), I am vehemently passing on.

  • Loathe it. Fit for a horse or cow--but NOT a lady.

Like I said before, the verdict was unanimous: there will be NO split-toed monstrosities for these fashionistas! So please, let's keep it together, shall we? And by "it," I mean our toes. After all, we're not barn yard animals. Clearly.



Images: Sarah Jessica Parker in Martin Margiela split-toed ankle boots (and commentary), thanks to Perez Hilton (http://perezhilton.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment