10.3.10

Spring Dress Lust

Here in Boston, the weather has been beyond gorgeous for the past few days, which has me believing that spring really is around the corner. With that thought in mind, I've been breaking out a few choice spring wardrobe pieces and considering possible additions to my wardrobe for the newly budding season... Hence the (most recent) object of my dress lust.

You may recall Miranda Priestley's snide remark in The Devil Wears Prada, "Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking." So, yes, I concede that florals are an obvious choice. Yet, after the loooong and harrowing winter doldrums, my rebuttal is this: what is so wrong with a few well-placed flowers? And well-placed they are, on the Nil Dress in Falling Anatolia Multi by Diane von Furstenberg.

Made of cascading crinkled chiffon in a brilliant white, the Nil Dress features delicate blue and purple anatolias, collecting around the bottom hem and slowly creeping towards the neckline. Cinched at the waist with a self-tie belt, and complimented by a loose v-neck and flutter sleeves, it really doesn't get more delicate, feminine, or springy than this--and I want it! If it were mine (sigh), I would play up the edgy factor with a pair of really killer heels. After all, every good little floral-loving girl has a rockstar side too. Or that's just me? Regardless, you can have your flowers however you like. They may not be groundbreaking, but they are a spring MUST.


Image: Nil Crinkled Silk Chiffon Dress by Diane von Furstenberg $398, available at Saks Fifth Avenue (www.saksfifthavenue.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment