14.5.10

Camo Crazed


It's no secret that I love and adore camo (sorry, Momma--this is one trend I didn't outgrow), and this week I happily stumbled upon my latest camo obsession. Spending the last couple of nights at Boston's bi-annual Stylefixx event with my tee-shirt line, lolly.brand, another tee-shirt touting vendor caught my attention by transporting her gear in an over sized camo print Hervé Chapelier shopper.

Shown here (left) in a smaller tote size, the shopping bag version is really where it's at. Sized to accomodate practically everything--I'm talking a magical Mary Poppins bag here--the shopper measures nearly 20 inches long, 12 inches high, and 10 inches wide. These are ideal dimensions for what I fondly term my "bag of life," which is basically whatever over sized purse I'm rocking on a given day. Not to mention that the camo print will be very un-camouflaged amidst sees of solid colored Longchamps and the like (not hating--but just saying).

I was first introduced to Hervé (yes, we're on a first name basis--are you jealous?) by my adoring and fashion-forward Momma when I was in high school. In fact, I still have my navy and pink tote, which is in amazingly good condition for being 10 years old now. While leather handbags may be known for aging just as well as a fine wine, I must confess that there is something to be said for good ol' man-made Nylon. Not only is it washable, but it's super light and utterly durable. For a gal on the go, those are major pluses. AND not for nothing, Nylon is faaaar more affordable than the (albeit more luxurious) leather handbag alternative.

So there. Have I given you enough reasons to join the camo craze? Just remember who told you first.


Images: (1) Shopping bag W49925 in "foret" by Hervé Chepalier $118, available online (www.hervechapelier.com); (2) Hervé Chepalier tote-sized camo bag, photo thanks to www.syuhari.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment