18.8.09

Camouflage Your Chic

Growing up, I was lucky to have parents who allowed me to express myself through fashion without much fuss and bother. Never was I forced to leave the house wearing one thing, only to change en route to my destination or at school. In fact, shocking as this might seem, there were only a few times that my apparel earned a "You're wearing that?"

Yet, for whatever reason, my loving mother was/is so not into camo. She will deny it to this day, but I know that she was behind the laundry incident, when my camo shirt went in for a wash and mysteriously never returned. As if that would stop me! To this day, I have a weakness for all things camo. That said, you can understand why I'm thrilled with Tory Burch's fall collection, which features Tory's must have Super Skinny Camo Pants.

I first fell in love with these pants after reading the July issue of Marie Claire, when fashion plate Cameron Diaz rocked these pants with an equally cool pair of Tory biker boots and a leather jacket. It was love at first sight, and I immediately thought, that's how you do camo.

The truth is, you can easily go wrong with camo if you don't remember to maintain a balanced look. Since the camo pattern instantly creates a rough, industrial look, it must then be balanced by more feminine elements. The reason why these pants work so well is their ultra-skinny fit makes them simultaneously fierce, yet completely hot.

If you're doing your fashion due diligence and contemplating looks for fall, add these Tory pants to your "Must Buy" list. After appearing in Marie Claire in July, they have since popped up in the August issues of both Elle and Self. Though Mommy Dearest would fight me on this one, nothing is quite as edgy as camouflaging your chic.


Images, in order of appearance: (1) Tory Burch Super Skinny Camo Pants $245, available online (http://www.toryburch.com/); (2) Cameron Diaz, wearing her Super Skinny Camo Pants by Tory Burch, as featured in the July 2009 issue of Marie Claire magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment