23.6.10

A Luxe New Way In Nail Care


You've all heard me rave about my favorite nail salon (Lauren's Nails on Charles Street) many times before, but sometimes a fashionista needs to venture into the unknown--you know, explore her options a bit? With that same adventurous spirit in mind, yesterday I made an appointment for a manicure at MiniLuxe in Lexington Center. I had been wanting to try this salon for a while, after reading about their special Minx manicure in Boston's Daily Candy a while back. While I opted for a classic French over the Minx this time around, I figured that any salon boasting such a swanky nail treatment had to have something going for it!

Marketing themselves as a nail and beauty salon, MiniLuxe's philosophy is that "me time" is critical to a balanced life. You never need an excuse to take care of you. This may go without saying, but their worldview definitely speaks to this particular fashionista! Without wanting to sound too much like Elle Woods, sometimes a mani/pedi is all I need to repair my body, mind, and spirit. Their nail care options include tempting treatments like the Organi Mani, an ode to mother Earth, using only organic skincare products; the Klean Pedi, where your feet are scrubbed and then intensely hydrated; and even a special Preggie Pedi, designed exclusively for mamas-to-be who need to put their feet up and enjoy a cooling and soothing leg, ankle, and foot treatment. Tempted yet? Wait, there's more! In addition to their list of mani/pedi options, their salon services--which they have aptly named MiniLuxuries--also include a range of waxing options, as well as the irresistible 10-minute neck and shoulder massage to help you unwind as you wait for your nails to dry.

All of that...and ambiance too? The salon itself boasts a clean, sleek, and modern design that speaks to their amazing hygiene policy. Understanding that "clean" doesn't necessarily mean sanitary, MiniLuxe raises the bar (really high) for themselves so that the salon clientele can enjoy their services in a sterile, worry-free, and über polished environment. Meaning: all of their tools are sterilized in an autoclave after each service, the same way that dentists and surgeons sterilize their tools. Through extreme heat and steam pressure, an autoclave completely sterilizes the instruments, leaving them 100% free from bacteria that can cause serious health problems. The tools are then sealed in individual sterilization packs for your protection, and your nail file and buffer are actually yours to keep after your service. Now, how's that for clean freaks?

So here's a little synopsis: I enjoyed a clean and pretty French manicure, as well as that irresistible neck and shoulder massage (!)--and was still in and out of the salon in 45 minutes. Fortunately for me, the Lexington Center location is on my way home from work too, so I was able to make it home in time for dinner with my husby. But if you don't live in my hood, worry not; MiniLuxe also has locations on Newbury Street and in Newton Centre--so you totally have options. I have to admit, I'm already thinking about what my next service might be, so if you're in the mood for some pampering, I'm soooo in.


All images thanks to MiniLuxe. To book an apointment online, or to learn more about MiniLuxe's amazing products and services, check out their website: www.miniluxe.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment