8.12.10

Brrr, It's (Chin)chilly Outside!


Some people wear their heart on their sleeve. Me? Like other fashionistas I know, I tend to wear my heart on my nails--which means that for various reasons, the past few months have found me solidly in the black nails category. I like to think of it as creative emoting, but that's neither here nor there. However, on a recent trip to the nail salon with my darling Momma, I made my best effort to brighten my mood by making the bold move into...grey. And this is precisely how I became acquainted with Chinchilly.

Yet another fabulous nail color from Essie, Chinchilly is a soft grey infused with an oh-so-subtle hint of purple. The Essie site calls it a "sleek granite grey," but I shy away from the stone analogy because I feel it's actually a lot warmer than that--think Chinchilla coat (sorry, PETA peeps). If you're not quite ready for a festive red on your nails this holiday season, I'm thinking it's a perfect alternative that channels blustery winter days--days when it is, in fact, (chin)chilly outside! The cold never looked so good.



Image: Chinchilly by Essie $8, available online from Essie (www.shopetsy.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment