9.12.10

Jingle All the Way

I find holiday-themed fashion an interesting thing to behold. Some opt for holiday sweaters that might have walked straight off the Bridget Jones set (which would make them "jumpers," no?); others pair snowflake or Santa earrings and necklaces; some go with a broader red and green color theme; and then there's the men around the office with the fun snowmen ties... I suppose I'm far less adventurous with my own personal holiday fashion, preferring a more subtle approach.

My favorite go-to accessory for the Christmas season is the red plaid headband that I "borrowed" from my adorable sister years ago.* While it is far less overt that some of the aforementioned options, I find it no less festive and definitely more versatile. When it really comes down to is my personal refusal to commit to a fashion theme. I see it not as a question of boldness (after all, did you see the animal print dress I so covet?) but more of a desire to think outside the box, if only in an understated way. And it is for this very reason that I find myself inspired to jingle all the way--to Kate Spade.
This year, Kate Spade's holiday look is all about jingle bells. If you're not one for headbands (shame!), then earrings, bobby pins, and/or rings are also fair game. Even without the one horse open sleigh, you'll still look dashing in the snow with these festive holiday accessories, made from 14 karat gold plated metal. I'm especially partial to the bobby pins, as they perform in both the form and function categories. I also love the little jingle bell studs that would bring a bit of holiday cheer to practically any outfit. Alternatively, if you're shopping for others, any of these would make a fun and fabulous gift (they come pre-boxed and basically too cute for words). Talk about ringing in the season!



*I fear that admitting this in writing will result in the forced return of this very headband and one very sad older sister--but such are the risks that I take in the name of fashion.
Images, in order of appearance: (1) Jingle Bell Bobby Pins $45 by Kate Spade, available online (www.katespade.com); (2) Jingle Bell Studs $45, also by Kate Spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment