13.12.10

A Coat to Covet


I feel like it's a rule, of sorts: whenever I find myself shopping for others, I undoubtedly stumble upon countless items that I'd like to have for myself. This is especially true around the holidays--and so I was unsurprised when, during a shopping outing at Anthroplogie this past Friday, I discovered a coat fit for royalty.

The Tyndall Coat is the definition of classic, with its simple tweed design, faux fur collar and bracelet sleeves. I love the way its elegance is simultaneously reminiscent of Margot Tenenbaum and a bygone era. And then there's the obvious functionality factor, for a fashionista simply must remain warm and stylish during the chilly winter months. Okay, so it might not be quite as functional as my North Face, but there's no denying that it's a coat to covet! And isn't that what it's really all about anyway?...


Images, in order of appearance: (1) Tyndall Coat by Tabitha $248, available at Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com); (2) Image of Gwyneth Paltrow and Luke Wilson in The Royal Tennenbaums.

No comments:

Post a Comment