7.12.10

Unleash Your Inner Animal

Everyone who's anyone already knows that Eclipse, the third cinematographic installment in the Twilight saga, came out on DVD this past weekend (can I get an Amen?). So, of course, a Twilight marathon was a MUST for me, and I accordingly subjected my wonderful husband and equally wonderful mother-in-law to countless hours of Team Edward vs. Team Jacob... That said, it may come as no surprise that the whole concept of the "inner animal" has been on my mind, and it is perhaps for this very reason that I now find myself inexplicably obsessed with Tory Burch's leopard print Capys Dress.


What might otherwise be a conservative silk dress with a classic silhouette is anything but-- given its bold leopard print. I actually had the recent opportunity to view (and covet) this dress in person at the Tory Burch store in Las Vegas, and I have to admit that the photo online doesn't do it justice. I found the color to be a more of a muted yet rich caramel color than the almost golden yellow in the photo. Nonetheless, I love the styling of Capys in this photo, with the opaque black tights and black heels; I feel it's crucial to balance a wild animal print (or any sort of wild print) with more understated accessories, and black is ideal for this particular dress. The Tory Burch website touts it as "perfect for holiday cocktails," and whether it's cocktails or mocktails that you're sipping this season, I agree that it's high time to unleash your inner animal.



Image: Capys Dress by Tory Burch $395, available online from Tory Burch (www.toryburch.com).

1 comment:

  1. Oh I missed you so very much! That dress is gorgeous, and I am not a fan of animal prints. But for that piece, I'd make an exception. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete