27.4.10

This Is NOT An Urban Shoe Myth

Any Sex In the City lover worth her salt can remember the episode when Carrie stumbles upon a pair of Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes in the Vogue closet--what she thought was an "urban shoe myth." If not, click here, and prepare to be enlightened. The point of my pop culture reference is to revisit Carrie's sheer excitement and joyful disbelief in discovering the (indeed fabulous) Campari Mary Janes by Manolo Blahnik. Believe it or not, it was with equal excitement that I first laid eyes on the Relika Patent Mary Jane Pumps by Christian Louboutin.

Ladies, I swear to you: this is NOT an urban shoe myth. Though their beauty may parallel the mythical unicorn, Relika is the real deal--albeit with a slightly unreal price tag. Made of shiny black patent leather (essential in obtaining the "Mary Jane" moniker), their extreme platform makes them a fierce, fabulous, and utterly modern force to be reckoned with. There's not an outfit that I can imagine that wouldn't be made ten times better by rocking these utterly perfect shoes. Yet, driven by reality (and with it, budget), I can only hope that the fashion gods take pity on my poor little feet and that these shoes somehow find their way into my closet.

Remember how I obsessed I was over ankle boots? Well, I have officially taken it to the next level. If it were possible to stalk a shoe... Well, let's just say that this is the stuff that sonnets are made of.



Image: (1) Manolo Blahnik "urban shoe myth" scene from Sex In the City, image thanks to Zimbio (http://www.zimbio.com/); (2) Relika Patent Mary Jane Pumps by Christian Louboutin $835, available at Saks Fifth Avenue (http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/).

2 comments:

  1. Love that they come in nude too, it works so well with your "go nude" blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, I heart that shoe too. It is especially lovely to a very short girl!

    ReplyDelete