21.4.10

(W)edges Please!



During my recent trip to London, I had the opportunity to go to Topshop for the first time. Granted, Topshop is far from being a UK phenomenon anymore--being available online and now with a New York store location as well--but living in Boston as I do, I had never actually made it into a Topshop shop until I was in London, which seemed fitting anyhow. Sarah and I were there on a serious fashion mission: to obtain the perfect pair of edgy wedges--(w)edges, if you will--that she had already spotted at Topshop the week before my arrival.

After much scouting, my lovely Sarah had determined that Topshop's Addison Wedges were the ultimate in (w)edges, and I have to agree with her. They are as classic as they are fierce, which is a definite footwear feat (don't you just looove puns?). Made of suede, they embrace the peep toe ankle boot look that I raved about earlier this year. Plus, with a nearly 5-inch platform, you're pretty much guaranteed to intimidate--and I mean that in the very best way. Sar opted for beige, but the Addison is also available in black. Is it possible that these fabulous (w)edges are made for red heds? As you can see, Lindsay Lohan seems to like her Addisons in black--though she's noticeably lacking her red hair--shame, shame. Thank goodness my Sarah keeps it real.

As much as I hate to be a copy-cat, I have to admit that I'm tempted to get my very own pair. After all, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery--and I can already envision my outfit! I guess you'll have to stay tuned...



Special thanks to my lovely Sarah for letting me cop her style--and blog about it. XOXO



Images, in order of appearance: (1) Addison Wedge Ankle Boots in beige $160 by Topshop (www.topshop.com); (2) Linday Lohan wearing her Addison Wedge Ankle Boots by Topshop in black, photo from Shoes For Women (www.shoesforwomen.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment