23.4.10

Wide Eyes for Sleepyheads!


These days, it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed in the morning, and it's a constant project to show up at work on time--and looking bright-eyed and ready for the day. Most days, make-up is my saving grace. I'm sure (hoping?) that applies to many of you working gals out there, and one of these days I'm going to take a poll on your cosmetic secrets... But for now, I'll dish on one of mine: instant wide eyes for sleepyheads!

It's simple, really: white eyeshadow. Just dab a bit of white shadow in the corner of your eyes, and those peepers will look instantly wider, brighter, and--thankfully--more awake. I'm partial to a white shadow that has a bit of metallic for a slightly shimmery, ethereal effect, but truly any old white will do. If you're in the market for a white shadow, my absolute favorite is Crème Lustré, from Landcome's Color Design Sensational Eye Effects collection. It's a warmer white with a subtle gold sheen to it, which works especially well for green-eyed girls like me. But for a bolder effect, go for contrast with something like White Frost from Mac Cosmetics, an icyblast of vivid white.

No matter which white strikes your fancy, this easy trick is guaranteed to work for every sleepyheaded fashionista out there (and believe me, there are a LOT of us!). So forget Starbucks or whatever caffeine god you may worship in the morning; without the extra stop on the way to work, you even have a few more minutes to sleep in! I mean, putting on some eye shadow takes three seconds. And how often can you really say that it's as easy as 1, 2, 3? So do your morning routine a favor, and just try it...



Images, in order of appearance: (1) Model having white eye shadow applied, photo thanks to Last Look Blog (lastlookblog.com); (2) Crème Lustré, from Landcome's Color Design Sensational Eye Effects Collection $17, available online (http://www.landcome-usa.com/); (3) White Frost $14.50 by Mac Cosmetics, available online (http://www.maccosmetics.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment