6.7.11

Fall Fashion Preview: A Penny For Your...Feet

Although, fall is still months away, the fashion magazines are already offering previews of the upcoming trends.  Since the warm, sunny weather only recently showed its face here in New England, I hesitate to think of its departure just yet.  Still, fall is my favorite season, and I love a fashion preview as much as the next girl--and so I found myself devouring the pages of the June edition of Harper's Bazaar over the weekend...

From Harper's Bazaar, June 2011
I never thought I would get so excited about plain old penny loafers, but this fall, designers like Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, and Opening Ceremony have reinterpreted what has traditionally seemed uber preppy--perhaps even stuffy--footwear.  The key ingredient: a sky-high heel, which elevates the loafer's look from old school to contemporary in a matter of inches.


Penny Loafer Pump by Schutz, $210
Available at Cusp by Neiman Marcus
 Personally, I see great possibility in this fall's fresh take on the traditional loafer.  If you'll pardon the cliché, they are absolutely geek-meets-chic, which just so happens to be the same category in which (if asked) I would classify my daily wardrobe.  As a girl with a 9 to 5 gig in a mostly conservative office, I try to keep my look professional, though I also feel it's also important to represent my personal style aesthetic.  The result might be best described as "intellectual with an edge," which has me gravitating towards Schutz's Penny Loafer Pump.  What Cusp by Neiman Marcus calls a "neck-breaking wooden heel" ensures that this isn't the penny loafer of bygone days, yet a loafer it remains.

So, I hope you're enjoying the summer, but when it comes to an end (as all things do), rest assured that you have some absolutely fabulous fall footwear to look forward to--and perhaps a new look for your corporate gig as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment