8.7.11

Summing Up the Week: New Arrivals From Marc by Marc Jacobs

Amongst the seemingly millions of emails I receive daily from the millions of places I enjoy shopping, today's Saks Fifth Avenue email stood out, as it announced new arrivals from Marc by Marc Jacobs.  If not my favorite designer, Marc Jacobs is definitely in my top five.  Often working with distinct patterns, colors, or materials, I find his work is always unique, and while remaining contemporary, he also manages to incorporate a retro-cool vibe.

While perusing the new arrivals to the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection online at Saks, I had to smile, as a few choice items speak to this week's topics at She's Come Unheeled--namely neon and high-heeled loafers.  So let's recap (and/or shop Marc Jacobs), shall we?

As I mentioned on Tuesday, neon is everywhere this summer. I'm generally partial to neon pink, but it was love at first sight when I laid eyes on the Candy Logo Bracelet. If you're unsure about neon, accessories like this are a great way to test the trend. Made of resin, this chunky neon bangle has the Marc logo etched all around it. What Saks calls "chartreuse" translates more along the lines of neon citrus and packs enough punch to brighten up any look. Plus, with a price tag of only $32, it's a no-brainer.


Candy Logo Bracelet in chartreuse from Marc by Marc Jacobs, $32
Available at Saks Fifth Avenue

Then, as we discussed on Wednesday, high-heeled loafers will be all the rage for fall footwear, and I couldn't be more converted. Marc's revision of the classic look comes in a shiny brown aptly called "luggage" and features a stacked uber-high heel, Oxford tassels, and an exposed platform. I'm not going to lie, Marc's Stacked Leather Penny Loafers are giving my earlier Schutz pick a run for their money (though I do so love Schutz's wooden heel)--while staking claim to a bit more of my money at the price of $390 (compared to $210 for the Schutz loafers). Decisions, decisions!


Stacked Leather Penny Loafers in luggage from Marc by Marc Jacobs, $390
Available at Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks has deemed the new arrivals from the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection "ladylike with a shot of sass," and I think that's fair.  Now it's just a question of what to buy...  Happy weekend--and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment